Thursday, March 24, 2011

Sex, The Single Girl And The World's Largest Adult Site...


Yes, I am an adult site drop-out.

How did this happen? Wait, which part? Well, first, quiet down, it wasn't always a sex site. Then it was. I was there for both personality shifts.

So maybe I was more of an accidental sex site drop in before I was a drop out. We'll work through that later.

Now, since I live in a city that should be a mecca for dating (and isn't), I have learned quite a few things about dating, sex sites and the adult male species. Namely:

Men love attention. Yes, it is true. It is not always sexual attention that they love. Sometimes, they just want to goof off for a few hours telling you stories. True. Stop laughing.

The men on Match, E-harmony, Plenty of Fish, AFF, Ashley Madison, OK Cupid and Boyswanttomeetgirls.com are all the same.

No, not that they are similar in personalities. They are the same men. Ask any of them. The honest ones will tell you that they are on multiple sites. No, it does not matter if they are married or single. They are branching out, okay?

Don't be a hater.

Men, for the most part, do not seem to have a lot of like-minded male friends after they get married. How does this happen? I’ve got a thesis proposal to submit to Smarty about this.

You'll see women who have friends from childhood. Ask most men who their friends are - the ones they really share deep things with - and they will point to a woman.

This is fine, okay? I'm not saying it isn't. But men...you need male friends and you need to be honest with them. Just letting you know. It just may well extend your lives.

No one...repeat after me...no one wakes up and says: Today I will have an affair.

That is not what these sites are for in the beginning. Just an FYI for you.

Yes, affairs happen, but it is not as simple as most people seem to want to believe. It is not that your husband sucks. Or that you suck. Sorry.

I know that hurts the most. It’s easier to say someone was awful. Well, I’ve now seen it all and even done a lot of it. It’s just not as black or white as we all make it out to be.

A million stories exist out there. Each of us only has our own to tell. Yet, far too often, these sites become places where everyone wants to tell any story but the one they know best.

That’s why I am here. To tell you mine. Why? Well, it isn’t so special and that alone makes it unique.

So yes, I am an adult site drop out. And I am not in any way embarrassed by this. I grew up a lot ‘over there’ and I wouldn’t undo any of it for any reason.

8 comments:

Chris said...

I don't know girlie I think you graduated. You learned from it and got out before it changed the person you are deep down and made you feel differently about people in general.

Does graduating require that you fool yourself into believing everybody wants you and deep down inside wants to be you even though your a self diluted nauseating droning idiot that has no self respect??

That's a failure in my book every day !!!
Definitely polar opposite of the person you are in your heart...I just hope you're not wearing anything under your cap and gown :-D...lmao

Unknown said...

@Chris: Don't take this the wrong way but...please come sit on my lap and whisper sweet nothings to me. :)

Hey! I'm heading down to NC for vacation this summer. Think we can pull off a little North Carolina group get-together if L and S are around?

Chris said...

Well heck yeah !!! Let me know we'll hook it up !! :-)

You're' just not allowed to Say Something Nice about me later..I have a bad rep to protect ya know ?? lmao

BenSmarty said...

Hey, that Say Something Nice gig is mine ;) I've written a blog to respond.

Unknown said...

@Chris: You got it! Say something mean about you! Absolutely!

@Smarty: I won't fight you for it! You know why? I don't want to be nice anyways.

Artemis J said...

The first guy I went out with from an online site told me that the guys on any site all wanted the same thing, don't be fooled. It was interesting. I appreciated his frankness.

And he was right for the most part. Most of those fellows were not looking for a relationship. I got lucky or at least we were at the right place and time.

In addition, I made some fun friends!

But yes, Bubbles, let's just say it. Men are pigs. Delicious pigs. And I love them.

iamkionda said...

Delicious pigs. Lol. I love it!

I first got involved with the online world of dating around high school. It's been an on again, off again kind of thing. The guys I've met were pretty cool. I still talk to a few.

Yeah, sure, the majority of the men are all the same on all the sites. You can say the same for the women. We like to shop around as well. :)

Cookie Fleck said...

I agree. Men do need and should have friends, and they do seem to lose touch with their school friends after the wife and kids come along. Why? Probably because relationships of all types take work. Women are the keepers of relationships. We excel at working on them.

Can you see a guy calling a friend he hasn't talked to in years and saying "I'm 40-something years old, and although I work to support my family and come home to them every evening, I feel so alone! Life is passing me by! Let's go out to dinner and catch up and vent--for old times sake."