Sunday, February 27, 2011

Don't Need Another Perfect Line...

You could be dead.

Or hurt.

Or living a fantastic new life somewhere warm.

Or just living the life you had when I knew you.

You could be anywhere.

But you weren't where I last saw you. Or where you saw me.

Come to think of it, maybe we weren't there, either.

Maybe we were already gone and didn't know it.

Or maybe we were just waiting.

I'm starting fresh. Like you said we should.

But you could be dead. Or I could be.

Nah, I'm sure we're alive. If for no other reason than I believe in the hope that only children have a right to hold onto.

Just because.

(photo image from goggleearth.com image databank; uncredited)

2 comments:

iamkionda said...

GREAT IMAGE!!! One of yours?

Unknown said...

You know, the site I just left always deleted credits so I didn't even think to put one.

Thanks to you, I remembered!